{OT:} Who said this?

"[O]nly a crisis - actual or perceived - produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable."

Reply to
Ed S.

Milton Friedman said that ("Capitalism and Freedom").

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

It is now being applied to the U.S. by the rightwing, the republicans, the tea potters, and especially the huge multinational corporations and our dear friends the Koch brothers.

Reply to
Ed S.

And his son wears pajamas all day and dreams of building artificial islands that will be independent nations.

Friedman said deregulation and free markets would result in greater economic equality, but in the mid-1990s he admitted it wasn't happening, and in 2000 still didn't have an explanation for why inequality was actually increasing.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly