Re: Leprosy in Arkansas

> I think the key word in what you wrote is "blamed." In other words, you

>> have offered no evidence that the disease was imported. >> >> Jeff > > Disease out breaks happen all of the time from people entering this > country.

Tuberculosis was almost wiped in this country, and people coming into the country illegally (from Asia) have brought a particularly virulent strain with them that challeneges a new form of treatment, since all known forms fail.

The same goes for the "Black Syph", a form of syphillis also from Aisa that resists current treatments.

But, let's just keep welcoming these people with open arms!

If they had come in legally (which they couldn't!) these diseases would have been discovered and the carriers would have been turned away. But since we really don't care, once they're here we take them in and let them spread their inflictions on others.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Do we test legal immigrants for syphilis?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They have to have health certificates.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Takes just a few bucks, no doubt, to obtain one of these, regardless of their actual health.

Reply to
sharx35

Oh, I'm sure.

But I believe you have to be tested for TB and syph before you leave your country, and then again when you get here.

Reply to
Hachiroku

In other words, you're guessing and assuming.

Do we test legal immigrants for syphilis? Find out. You have nothing better to do.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nah. Two jobs, playing in two bands, getting rid of snow dumped by Global Warming, taking care of my elderly Mom, I gots nuttin' better to do...

Except that my first wife was an immigrant (a LEGAL one) and had to go through a whole battery of tests before and after she got here...

Reply to
Hachiroku