Re: {{ OT }} Iran's missiles

... why Iran would benefit from faking a display of its missile capability. >

> It turns out that they displayed no new capability at all, which we already > knew. It also turns out that there is the appearance of PhotoShop editing > sessions in some or all of the videos.

Apparently Iran also faked the second-day launch of three missiles, by using only one missile and photographing it from three angles. Also it wasn't a surface-to-surface missile but an anti-ship missile. The first day's firing consisted of one Iranian-designed missile, a no- longer-produced model capable of delivering a warhead only 900 miles, not 1,200, and the accompanying missiles were even older SCUDs. If Iran had plenty of the newer missiles, why weren't any fired for the test?

IOW Iran faked its missile test even more than first realized.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

To quote the press secretary of Qatar, "It's a rough neighborhood out there", and looking strong can be a deterrent against attacks.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Shaking sabers is for fools and posers. Iran does it. Bush did it. Case closed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It could be, when Israel is the common enemy of almost every state in the region and your country belongs to a minority group but is trying to gain favor with the majority.

I believe the press secretary made his statement before the 2003 invasion or maybe a little after, and it was in response to a queston from 60 Minutes about why Qatar was allowing the US to build a gigantic military base within its borders.

Because your assumptions are wrong?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly