removing stock stereo from a 2005 toyota matrix?

Hi there, I had two initial upgrades planned for my 2005 toyota matrix. The first being a bolt-on sports rack (solved, see earlier post) and the second is replacing the stock stereo. My question is simple, how does one remove the stock stereo from the Toyota matrix? Doesn't look as simple as my old 1986 Honda Prelude... Could someone explain this, give me a link, or a good maintainence book to consult so I can save the $70 installation charge?

Thanks!

Reply to
Cakes

Place your fingers under the bottom of the cover and pull away from the dash, The bottom will come loose. Holding the bottom a few inches away from the dash, pull the cover downwards and away and the cover will come off. Push the clips on the electrical connectors and remove the connectors. The screws holding the head unit on will then be accessible.

Pat

Reply to
Greywolf

installation should not be more than $35 new stereo $100 and up harness $10 pocket if replacing a double din with a single din $10-15

Reply to
I'm Right