Scion xB to be discontinued?

Hi, Just went to a Toyota/Scion showroom today. And a salesman told me that there will be no 2007 Scion xB. Have anyone heard about that? I was utterly surprised, for, according to all the news I have read in the past year, the sales of xB's has been strong.....I have just bought one for my wife last month, and she just absolutely loves it very much!! If there are few xB's on the street, I am concerned about getting aftermarket parts. Will I be able to get a Haynes or Chilton manual for it later?? Thanks for any scoop...

Reply to
tcl

Here's "more" on the drop of the Scion xB; basically it'll be replaced with a different model. It's possible that if the new cars are using the same chassis with some modifications there'll be a Chilton/Haynes manual though, it took almost 10 years for me to get one for the Festiva I had (once the Aspire was discontinued..since it was the same car the manual is for both). Maybe they don't want it to turn into the PT Cruiser (of which there is a glut on car lots right now after the initial infatuation):

seerialmom

The 2007s are already out!

I just saw them last week at the dealer I bought my tC at.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Interesting, since I went to my dealer today and there were two BRAND NEW

2007 xBoxes sitting on the lot.

Mid-year they will be replaced with a 'rounder' version based on the same platform. the xA *may* be phased out in the US if sales don't increase; Toyota was betting on the price of fuel to drive sales.

The tC will be rebadged the "Fuse" and will come with a 'stripper' version for people that prefer to build their own, starting at ~$15,000: 16" steel wheels, simple AM-FM-CD with no MP3 playback, etc.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think it was Hachiroku who stated:

I bed they're not '07 models. Check again; they're '06 xB models.

The '08 models to replace the xA and xB will be coming sometime in '07.

That was Toyota's plan all along; to not have any of the Scion models last longer than three years. It keeps the excitement up (and makes my xB hold its value even BETTER.)

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn