Sienna brakes

How long should I expect the brakes to last on a 2000 Sienna. It now has about 75000 miles.

Reply to
<Use-Author-Address-Header

I get over a hundred thousand on my '92 Corolla Wagon. You must be one of those drivers that does not 'tail gate' and HAVE to use your brakes a lot.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Brake life depends a lot on driving conditions and the driver's braking style. 40,000 miles on the front brakes is pretty common for most people, about double that for back brakes.

Reply to
Ray O

=============== There's an inspection slot in the caliper where you can see how much brake pad material remains. If you ever rotate the tires, or have the car in for service, it can be checked anytime the wheel is removed and you will know how much material is left. If my car ever goes into the dealer, they always list percentage of brake life remaining, even if I didn't ask them to check it.

Reply to
nospampls2002

Those brakes should last just about 75,000 miles. I'd be thinking about new ones. Of course, alot depends on how often you use them, and how hard. I'd say that you tend to plan your stops well in advance of when they are actually needed if you managed to wring 75k out of the brakes.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I got about 90K miles from the original front brakes on my '98 Sienna. Bad corrosion required new rotors as well as get new brake pads. Just had to do my second front brake job (175K) and had the same situation. This time used quality aftermarket parts that cost about half Toyota brand.

Had rear brakes shoes done at about 130K.

Reply to
ACAR