So nice to feel wanted

Got a call from my Toyota dealer asking if me and my wife would like to drop in and take a look at Toyota's mid winter special on Prius financing. Holy crap I thought. Gas prices are so low dealers lots are filling with hybrids. I thanked him for the call and went back to doing my taxes.

Reply to
mark digital©

What is the pirus sticker price today, $40 K?

Reply to
dbu

Wow. And how quickly they forget... Yeah, when I filled up a couple of days ago the price was the lowest it's been since before the 'over $3/gal.' deal last summer - it was down to $2.31.

Which I still need to do...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Is this a serious question, or are you being facetious? - no smiley, & can't tell. The MSRP is in the low-to-mid $20Ks, give or take, depending on which pkg. of options is included. One (esp. one who would like to buy a Prius!) can only hope there'll continue to be a few extras on the lots, so maybe some bargaining can actually happen. OTOH... if they fly out the door as fast as they come in again, then at least people are being more conscious of their fuel consumption & the emissions.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I don't keep track of car prices, really I don't. It was just a guess. I don't plan to buy any car at all in the future. My 04 Sienna will likely last ten years, then if I am still around and can still drive I'll think about another.

Cheers

Reply to
dbu

I had all my necessary paperwork ready but I spent a considerable amount of time online and getting into the right mindset. In the end I felt like I did last year; I must be overlooking something because it went too smoothly. Federal forms are a breeze. The state tax forms (MA.) can be confusing as all hell. For the little amount of out of state interest I receive, if I were to put it into wage perspective, I'd be better off donating it to charity than to waste time trying to plug the interest figure in all the places on all the forms they want. It's never going to get easier, per se. Too many earn their living preparing returns.

mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

There's several packages, so there's a low and high range. I found out recently CT. doesn't levy a sales tax on hybrids if it's registered in CT. At 8% that's a hefty savings of at least $1700. Doesn't do me any good though. mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

Did Billy Lia call you? Or was it the other one?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh man. If I told you then I'd be easy to spot from my license plate bracket.

Reply to
mark digital©

LOL! What are you? Afraid of me?

Aside from being a little k00ky, I'm actually a pretty nice guy!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You, I'm not worried about. My concern is someone saying they are you. And then what? Many years ago this one vacation we left the cat out to fend for himself. When we got back he was waiting for us by the back door. I picked him up and brought him into the house. I spent like two hours pulling these little prickly things out of his coat. My wife heard a scratch at the backdoor. She yelled down to me I was cleaning the wrong cat. So there! I will always be weary.

Reply to
mark digital©

Oh, I think you'd be able to tell me right off the bat!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Yes, I find the federal forms easier than the (NY)state forms, too. Odd. Seems like it should be the other way around... The federal forms take me about 45 minutes - incl. itemizing, but then I put them aside for a while & recheck them later before mailing them off, just in case I made a mistake. So far, my only (known) mistake was on the State form one year.

Cathy

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You need to be shot...IMHO...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Oh, don't get so riled up. He was a stray when we found him and he remained an outdoor cat. We live out in the country (or it was like country back then).

Reply to
mark digital©

I take back the bullet...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Agreed. It is absolutely disgusting to leave ANY pet outside like that. I don't know about THEN, but NOW, you would likely face prosecution in most jurisdictions. I, for one, would jump at the chance to lay charges in such a case.

Reply to
sharx35

He got used to relying on you for food.

Reply to
sharx35

Too late. Rigor mortis had already set in.

Reply to
sharx35

One of our cats used to escape whenever someone opened a door, but he has led such a cushy life that if outside temperature is more than 10 degrees colder or hotter than the house, he U-turns in about 10 feet and runs right back in.

Reply to
Ray O