starting problem

My 2000 Sienna had trouble starting today. When cranked it made a whirring sound only. A few minutes later the wife came out and tried it again and then it did start.

I took it to Advance Auto and they did their test with the handheld scanner. It says the charging system and battery are good. The starter test has a voltage of 8.92V with a result of CHARGE BATTERY.

My battery is over 6 years old. Despite what the tester says I am thinking the battery is not holding a charge.

Test results:

Battery Voltage: 13.21V Measured: 462 CCA Rated: 525 CCA Temp: 86 F

Starter Voltage 8.92V Amps: 0.0A Time: 906 mS

Charging System No Load: 14.05V Loaded: 13.91V Ripple: 41 mV

Suggestions?

Reply to
badgolferman