Toyota ECHO

I have to admit, Toyota did slightly "feminize" the Echo's look after the first year or so. That was dumb of them. Of course, this is my subjective interpretation but I'm not the first to say it.

If so, that would be excellent. It gets 25.5 km/L which I calculate as about 60 mpg.

Link for the curious:

Bush is a Fascist

Well my my aren't we getting smart here, "25.5 km/l which i calcullate as about 60 mpg" what kind of calculator did you use.

Reply to
rocky

The above conversion is correct, and yes, those are U.S. gallons. The question is, how did he arrive at 25.5km/L in the first place?

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Um...yeah

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Do I sense a fwapping coming?

Boy, I wish we could get the Echo Hatch...

Reply to
SupraGenius

Does anyone know of custom or aftermarket seats for the Echo? I find that while they're fine for running around town, I have a once a month trip that is 1300 km return, and the stock seat is an a**-killer after a while.

Reply to
Buck Frobisher

Not hard to do in most of the world where the service station pumps are graduated in litres and car speedo/odo are in Km's

Sure as hell beats that stupid "litres per hundred kilometer" crap.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

After looking back at the preceding posts in this thread, I realize that I was in error. I had thought he was talking about the Echo, when in fact he was referring to the Japanese Vitz. I was skeptical that an Echo could achieve 60mpg (50mpg is realistic, though), but the Vitz' 25.5km/L (60mpg) claim came from the Toyota Japan website.

No argument here. Even though I am in Canada, I always convert to miles per gallon anyway. :-)

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

High Tech Misfit wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hightech.misfit:

Don't you know it.

Me too. And I use US gallons in my calculations, since about 90% of my discussion of such matters is with Americans anyway.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Yes, I do too, I'm kinda old to 'think' in metric, although I'm pretty well converted to the metric temperature scale...it makes more sense to me than Fahrenheit, Water freezes at 0, boils at

100, 25C is a nice day etc..
Reply to
Gord Beaman