Toyota/Honda vs American

Isn't that what killed the VW Beetle in the USA? I seem to remember the old Beetle continuing to be sold for a long time after it no longer met US safety laws.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

And it does't irk you when Toyota / Nissan / whoever, do exactly the same thing? When I shopped for a new pickup last fall, all of the dealers offered huge discounts off MSRP (Tundra was over $2K off). Unfortunately none were huge enough to entice me to buy. At the moment, virtually ever Toyota model has some sort of rebate depending on who you are, what you do, and where you live. Does this irk you?

Ed

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Ya I know what you're saying. I probably would not like driving an F150 either after driving the kind of luxury cars I generally drive. The new Lincoln Mark LT would most likely be my choice if I needed a truck,

Like you sister, many times buyers buy vehicles that they later discover they don't like. Your sister is entitled to her own opinion just like anybody else, but it seems your sister is a part of a very small minority. The fact is a majority of F150 buyers must like their F150 since they are repeat buyers. Historically as separate groups more individuals, corporations, federal state and local governments have purchase another F150, more than any other vehicle, ever. The F150 has been the number one selling vehicle in the US for more than 28 years. More people bought more of them then any other vehicle in one year, than any time in history, in 2004. Total sales is obviously the best indicator of what most buyers prefer as opposed to opinions. Buyer love the Camry too, its the number one car but about twice as many annually buy the F150 Buyers buy more F150s in a month or so than buy Tundras and Tacomes all year. ;)

mike hunt

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson

Only in your opinion apparently, not according to NADA. The a average new car buyer in the US replaces their car with another new car ever three to four years, not five as you seem to think. But its your money spend it where you wish. ;)

mike hunt

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson

Last year models are entirely different from huge artificial "rebates" on brand new vehicles just released.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

You mean like the $2K rebate on 2005 Tundras?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White