Toyota Cavalier

Just purchased a 2000 Cavalier, 2.4 coupe. Can anyone tell me more about these cars. Did they ever come out in the UK? I'm in NZ, so it is a Japanese import. Cheers Rob

Reply to
Robert Meek

You scared me! Here in the US, the Cavalier is a Chevrolet, and is probably one of the worst small cars EVER. My employer has a fleet of them.

Toyota didn't sell a Cavalier in North America. I'd be interested in seeing a photo of one, as you folks often get some nice cars that are quite different from North American offerings.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

It is the same as a US Cavalier, with RHD and Toyota Badges:

hachiroku

My condolences to the OP. I have a company provided 2000 Chevy Cavalier.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

In the 1970s the UK had a Cavalier (a succession, in fact); but from Vauxhall, originally developed by Opel in Germany, both of those being GM Euro-brand companies (Vauxhall since 1925 IIRC).

The Cavalier was said to be a very good car. It was popular with travelling salesmen, who flog their go-boxes, and kept its looks.

The Chevette (another name I think GM carried over to the US) was a related design. I had one and liked it, though the clutch was too prone to fail: in my case, three in eight years / 76,000 mi.

I have to agree with those who consider the USian Cavalier (circa

1997) as a foul creation. It could have been okay; but They gave it some nasty features, including lousy visibility thanks to the C pillars, doors whose stays would not hold them open in v.modest winds (so tried to chop you off at the ankles or fingers) and an engine that ran hot too easily. In 2004 I noticed they remained on offer from rental company Alamo.
Reply to
Andrew Stephenson