Toyota to partner with University of Mississippi to open new manufacturing center

Toyota has announced that it will partner with the University of Mississippi to open a new manufacturing center about 50 miles outside of Tupelo. Dubbed the Center for Manufacturing Excellence, the new center will cost $22 million, which was included in a $293.9 million incentive package Toyota received from the state for building a [...] Read More:

----------------------------------- Toyota NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

That is typically the case. State and local governments have been subsidizing VW, Honda, and Toyota etal, with taxpayer funds to attract new industries to their states for years. States also train the employees at taxpayer expense as well. If a business really wants to open in a state they will pay the cost. Giving US tax payer money to a rich Japanese corporation, the does not pay a single penny in US corporate taxes, in stupid

Pennsylvania built a plant, roads and trained their employees for VW back in the seventies, to build the Rabbit. I left GM where I was working as a design engineer, to work at a lower paying job at VW as a field engineer, to be closer to my family. A few years later we were notified VW was closing the plant in thee months. The state and local government were stuck with paying off the thirty year bonds. Fortunately few years later the state was able to sell the plant to Chrysler

Mike hunt