07 Camry transmissions

I'd like to find an 07 SE 4 cyl w/5speed manual but can't seem to get it w/traction and stability control. It's listed as an option in the brochure - but they're not being produced. Certainly not for delivery in New York State. 2nd choice would be V6 automatic but have read about issues with the automatic transmission. Anyone have any ideas or commments.

Reply to
Marty

What issues with the Autos?

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

I think the L4's tranny also skips gears. So when you are trying to avoid being rear ended by a truck and step on the gas, the tranny might just go into neutral! Good luck.

BTW, also make sure the side air bags are the new type that can inflate properly.

Now do they still make 06 Camrys?

Marty wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

the transmission problem you refer to were part of the first 07's it has been corrected.

Reply to
BigJim

Look at recalls, look at that in 2005 Toy recalled more than they sold in the US. Toy 87 transmissions are Known crapola.

Reply to
m Ransley

Sorry for the Typo it wasa 2007 Camry transes can be Crap, not 87

Reply to
m Ransley

What's the official statement from Toyota regarding the Camry 07 transmission?

Reply to
EdV

Some owners reported transmissions going into neutral on acceleration. Those were intermittent and the owners couldn't even get the dealers to recognize the problems let alone fix them.

Like I always said, wait at least a year before getting a new model production.

BigJim wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Its hard to believe Toyota would not do something about such a problem.

The Camry is their lead-model. Manual trans is OK, but in city traffic? The automatic is the go there.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

messagenews:n-ydnZ2Cn5bqd-XYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

a problem.

Reply to
EdV

The 2002-2006 generation had a tranny shudder problem. The tranny hunts for gears on downshift in some cases. The problem was there from day one and Toyota never did fixed those. So I don't think Toyota plans to fix an intermittent problem like this. If you happen to get one tough luck.

Jas> > the transmission problem you refer to were part of the first 07's it has

Reply to
johngdole

Is the '02-'06 camry the same one that had 1/3 fewer parts in the tranny?

Reply to
mrdarrett

No, I believe the Aisin used in the 02-06 was a different transmission than the one used in the 07. One person posted that Aisin is no longer the transmission supplier for the 2007 Camry.

Just found the following post on Edmunds Town Talk from one owner two days ago, you can read the whole message there:

============================== #2604 of 2610 XLE V6 - Two botched repair jobs by toyotacarfan Dec

09, 2006 (3:07 pm)

I am having a heck of a time getting satisfaction from Toyota and my

3-month old loaded $30K Camry XLE V6. Immediately after I bought it, it had the 3rd-4th gear shift flare when cold, which progressively got worse (higher RPM flares). When I took it to the selling dealer, they said all was normal, and fed me nonsense about the new high-tech transmission needing to learn my driving patterns, and I was likely not enabling it to do so by not using premium fuel or driving in a consistent manner. So I took it to another dealer, which confirmed the problem and did the valve body TSB replacement.

After the valve body replacement, the flares occurred even after the engine was warm, and the cold engine flares were 1000 RPM in magnitude. On one occasion, when I pressed the gas after coasting momentarily and making a right turn at a busy intersection to go up a hill, the transmission refused to engage, and the car slowed nearly to a halt. After about 5 seconds of the motor spinning helplessly while the transmission was disengaged and while other drivers were swerving around me and honking angrily, I heard a "bang" under the hood, and the car lurched violently forward.

My condolences to owners of such vehicles. I'll keep my friends away from the 07 Camrys for now.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
johngdole