2004 Camry Driver Seat

I'm having a safety problem with my 2004 Camry. My driver seat is sliding. I took it to the Toyota dealership to complain and they fixed, they said "it was a loose bolt". 2 months later, the same thing happened and they said that the tracking (left side tracking) for my seat is defective and the only thing that's keeping my seat from totally sliding is the right side fo the seat. They told me that I need to replace it and it'll cost me about $1500. If it's defective, why am I liable for it? I'm 5'1, 110 pounds, there's no way I can brake my car seat tracking. I told them not to replace it and I'm going to get a second opinion.

Before I file a complaint and open a case with Toyota, is there anyone else experiencing the same problem I'm having with the driver seat?

Reply to
Amy from VA

It ought to be covered unless you have more than 36000 miles, and $1500 must be the cost of the whole seat (I assume it's leather at that price). You ought to be able to get a used seat from a wrecker at a small fraction of that cost and scavenge the rail/brake assembly. Removing the seat is a 3-bolt affair; it takes 5 minutes. I don't know how hard it is to replace the rail hardware.

Reply to
Nobody Important

It should be a warranty issue go by when you first reported it. In 2005 TOYoTa recalled more cars than they sold in the US, thats BULL SHIT CRAP quality looking at you straight in the face. Now go buy a Ford, quality is back. I own toyotas, have since 87, have jumped ship. New camrys Jap Crap.

Reply to
m Ransley

The earlier generation of Camrys had a similar problem and I think there was either a TSB or a recall because depending how far it suddenly tilts/slides it can cause the driver to loose control.

Forget talking to the dealer at this point, they are stonewalling you. Talk to Toyota directly at the customer service number in the warranty manual. You should try to get this fixed before the warranty expires because after that they won't even talk to you without handing over money first.

Also, you should share your safety concern with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration at:

Amy from VA wrote:

Reply to
johngdole