1990 camry LE idle problem

when I sit at idle in any gear (automatic), the car runs fine, but one I touch the brake pedal the engine seems to stuggle to stay at the same idle, almost like it?s starved for fuel or is running too rich. Can someone help me out?

Reply to
darkfyre07

Your description sounds very much like you have a faulty brake booster.When aplying brakes engine vaccum is being vented to atmosphere.Is the vehicle stopping as it always has?

More info and Ill do my best to assist. Regards,

Dave StrachanAIAME,Toyota master tech Australia.

Reply to
videokid400