1995 Camry Exhaust Flex Pipe

1995, 4 cyl, 190k, found the rear end of the exhaust flex pipe no longer attached and making moderate exhaust noise. The flex section seems fine, it's just the end that's not attached. Thinking about re- attaching by wrapping with exhaust repair tape and an exhaust clamp. I'd like to keep the car for 2-3 more years, if possible. Any ideas how long that repair might last, or alternate suggestions? I can't weld, and don't really want a whole new section -- just to keep the noise down. Thanks.
Reply to
pwichert

Don't use exhaust repair tape - it will just get burned out quickly that close to the manifold. Try using a piece of slightly larger exhaust pipe, with pipe clamps.

Reply to
mjc1