1997 Camry left rear door cannot be opened from inside

As the topic, the left rear door of my camry cannot be opened from inside. But it can be opened from the outside, and the power lock, power door,etc. are fine.

Any suggestions what is the problem? Roughly how much do I need to spend if I want the mechanic to fix it. Thanks!

Reply to
nicknick

Is the child lock on?

T.J. Dunster

=== That is the first place to check. Does the OP understand "child lock"? The Owner's manual describes how to set the door to prevent children opening from inside. Since you can still open from outside and the handle is not broken, look at the edge of the door when open. There is a disk you turn to activate and de activate the child lock out feature.

Reply to
Daniel

Yep. I got it. It is because of the ?children lock? is on. Thanks.

"nicknick" wrote: > As the topic, the left rear door of my camry cannot be opened > from inside. But it can be opened from the outside, and the > power lock, power door,etc. are fine. > > Any suggestions what is the problem? Roughly how much do I > need to spend if I want the mechanic to fix it. Thanks!

Reply to
nicknick