1999 Camry CE 210000 miles

What would make a 1999 Camry burst into flame? Mine did and is totally destroyed. Almost killed my wife who was alone on the interstate when this happened.

Reply to
Norm

Without any further information, the most likely candidates are a broken rubber section of the fuel line, either in the engine compartment or where the line comes out of the tank, if it sprayed onto the catalytic converter.

Nothing particular about Carmys or Toyotas for that matter. It could happen to any car, and at 12 years, any number of things could have happened, but without any other symptoms, a fuel leak is most likely. Such things are extremely rare, but they DO happen every several billion automobile miles or so.

Although you say your wife was not killed, you don't say if she is unharmed. I hope she is alright!

Best Regards,

David

Reply to
spsffan