2004 wiper blades

I bought aftermarket ( trico I think ) blade assembly for 04 camry

Clerk told me had to buy entire assembly, inserts not replaceable.

Now that I look at factory assemblies, they look like inserts would be easy to use.

Source ? dealer ?

Reply to
wp51

Stubby

========================== Unless the newer versions are different, there are re usable steel stiffening ribs that need to be removed and then installed along with the replacement rubber wiper inserts. Even so, this never worked for me and I wound up buying the entire arm each time to get the wipers to work well. The local Toyota parts person happens to be ill informed and not helpful insisting wiper inserts no longer available for my year and model. When I used the part indicated on the chart, they moved side to side in the wiper arm, so I replaced the assembly with new.

Reply to
Daniel

Once you replaced the OEM holders with aftermarket, you should be able to use aftermarket refills. Trico is one of the more common ones I find at Pep Boys.

There are others, like Michelin or Bosch, that you have to replace as a whole unit each time. But many aftermarket ones can use standard refills.

wp51 wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

I'm still buying refills from the dealer for my 2002. I have purchased aftermarket and have always gone back to OEM. They work the best all year round in my opinion. I have had no probs assembling them neither.

Reply to
LOKI

I used to go to the dealer too. But last year, my OEMs were streaky and loud after about a month of use (Northern California, moderate rain). So this year, I decided to try the SilBlades (they are inexpensive via amazon.com). They have a 5 year guarantee.

I'll try to remember a progress report in a year ;-) Good so far.... FWIW.

Reply to
Big Kahuna