35 mpg at 100kph

'96 manual 2.2L 160,000Ks. Went on a 250 mile trip to the smoke (Sydney) with one passenger and 2 bags. Drove like a dream,..mostly 5th gear work, but with a few hills requiring 4th gear. Really not hard driving and she returned 35mpg, consumed about 1/3 pint of oil (20-40 GTX-3) . Temperature was around 65f.

This engine has sludge due abuse by a previous owner. Oil-pump was replaced

10,000ks ago due shaft damage from buggered seals. Even tho the engine has sludge in the rocker-cover and therefore more in the sump, the engine has not shown any problems. I now replace the oil at 3000ks with out exception.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

(Sydney)

Temperature

engine has

engine has

Was there a question or a point? ;-)

Reply to
Philip ®

How many of YOUR posts, Philip, have a question or make a point?

Reply to
The #1 Sharxster

Yes Phil,.....reading exercise for you and typing exercise overlayed by a bit of crowing for me.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Heeeeerrrreess Chipistate Kerplonk

Reply to
mark Ransley

driving

Find me the ones that fail to meet your criteria.

Reply to
Philip ®