'84 Camry Smoking after IOdling.

My '84 Camry 2.0 Liter started smoking yesterday after idling for

10-15 minutes. I recently had an inexpensive cataltic converter installed. The engine doesn't smoke while cruising but only after idling. I can make it happen every time. I may have heard a "crack" from the area of the converetr about the time the smoking began. The smoke appears to white rather than blue. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Reply to
Sammy

Could be oil dripping on the exhast manifold, leaking valve cover gasket could be the cause of oil source. Need to find souce of smoke, lift hood and keep sniffing around. Look for oil burn spots on manifold, etc.

Reply to
jjjsan

This is smoke emitted from the exhaust pipe, is that correct? If so, exhaust that becomes smoky after the engine has been idling for awhile is an indication of failed intake valve guide seals.

Reply to
Philip