92 camry stalling

"Bought 92 v-4 camry lastweek. It was running fine for couple of days. After that when It runs for longer it stalls and at that time it is hard to start and even if it starts it stays running only if I keep pressing the gas. It got worst. I took it to a shop and did a major tuneup. They checked in the computer and they put a used throttle that comes with sensor (idle). After that I had to change the starter. I took it to a different shop. They tookout the old alarm system thinking that was causing the problem. And then they checked the vacume leak externally with the fuel injection, checked the fuel pressure, spark. Since the spark was low, they changed the distributor. Now it got little better, it runs about

20-25min and than it stalls. They put it in the computer and it shows only problem is the tps (sensor adjasent to the throttle). They said the idle may go up and down, however, it should run. They'll replace that sensor again. But I still have the same problem. So far I spent $1450.00. Can you tell me what should I do. Does it look like anything with the computer or fuel injection. Please help. Thanks";
Reply to
rezareza

You dont have a V4, and are being taken by idiot mechanics, a shame . It is probably a simple fix but I dont know it. I would take the " Parts Replacers " to small claim after someone inteligent fixes your car.

Is it real humid in your area or raining and parked outside, does it stall when it reaches full temp and work apx 20- 45 minutes later, then its the coil.

Reply to
m Ransley

EGR, maybe? Does it stall while coasting/decelerating as well as at idle?? Does this engine even have an EGR system?? Check it out. Has any manufacturer ever made a V4 configuration?

Reply to
qslim

You may have had multiple problems and some may have been fixed. Running "cold" and then stalling after the car is warmed-up is a classic ignition problem -- either a coil or an electronic problem. I'm no expert at all on the '92 Camry but I think the coil and ignitor are in the distributor so you should have gotten new components with the new distributor -- IF THEY REALLY INSTALLED A NEW DISTRIBUTOR. If you've spent that kind of money without it being fixed I think you're dealing with the wrong people. ( A new starter ?? -- a starter would have nothing to do with stalling. )

I assume as part of the tune-up they installed a new fuel filter.

Go to "Car Talk". They have a recommended mechanic section.

Reply to
jimhigh66