'92 camry was running earlier but now nothing...

Starter's not even clicking, battery's at 7v...got rebuilt alternator which has been working fine for about 2 months now and a new AC Delco battery at the same time.

Its been running a bit rough, but my friend said that I should have my cat converter looked at. One thing wouldn't effect the other right?

Thanks...

Reply to
C4MRY_R0X

Not usually, but on some cars (not sure about your modle) the computer tries to determin how you drive or the way the engine is tuned and it takes a few hundred miles after loosing the electrical power such as when the battery is changed. Some cars recommend plugging in a seperate batttery in the lighter receptical during the battery change.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Shoot...I was checking the fuses under the steering wheel, towards the door...and making sure nothing had been left on, I noticed that the headlight switch was turned on to where the dashlight comes on. I had parked the car for about 4 hours...I thought dash and headlights turned off automatically after the car is off for a few seconds, but could that have been the cause of my battery draining so much?

Reply to
C4MRY_R0X

BINGO!

and if that's not the answer, try having a look at your starter, if the starter motor still won't turn over once the battery's charged.

Reply to
mack
7v is dead, 11.9v is dead, 12v is 10% charged, 12.7-12.85v is 100%
Reply to
m Ransley