95 camry white smoke after two days stayover.

I have a 95 camry, 5sp 2 dr 90KMiles. I have tried to maintain it since i bought it at 84000 miles. I have replace the clutch and pressure plates, all tune ups including wires ,plugs platinum +4, replace all seals, water pump, thermostat, all belts including timming,new muffler (dual tip DTM) and air intake with filter. I use Amsoil synthetic 5w 30 but the other day i put 10w 30 since they run out. Two questions when the car is not started for two to three days i get a white pungy smoke come out of the exhaust. This only happens after the prolonged layover ie i do not start it for two to three days but after that will not smoke at all. what could cause this any ideas.email me at snipped-for-privacy@nospam.netscape.net Next i change my synthetic oil after 3000 miles but the oil was very dirty i ahve cahged the oil every 3000 miles since i got it. Should i flush the engine with engine flush next time i change my oil or not and what should i use? Friend told me not to use engine flush coz too harsh on the engine recomended using regular petroleum base oil 3 quarts and some transmission fluid 1 quart. any idea if this is really what i should do? orshould i flush it at all or let amsoil do the cleaning itself? snipped-for-privacy@nospam.netscape.net.

Reply to
chemosy

Well if you put a K&N filter on there that might be why your oil is dirty now...Your valve seals are leaking, using synthetic may make it leak more. Try some High Mileage type oils they have additives that swell the seals slightly to stop leaks. Why would you change the synthetic oil every 3000 miles? Might be a good idea to pull the valve cover to see if you have any sludge in there since you do not know the history of the car.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Well i just put in the air intake filter last week so that could not have been the problem. I have all the seals changed crank, valve cover, rear and main, oil pan all seals are new in this car.When the replavced the valve cover there wasnt any sludge. There is no leak at all, my only problem is the pungy white smoke. The reson i changed the oil early is to claen the engine since i was told never to use any engine flush.

Reply to
chemosy

My 1994 Camry had smoke blowing out after an overnight or so. It ended up being the PCV valve that cleared the problem. My smoke was bluish however.

Reply to
badgolferman

Tailpipe smoke on start-up is a classic sign of poor valve seals. If the smoke goes away soon after the engine starts then that would be my bet. However you say the smoke is white instead of blue, which indicates that coolant might be getting into the combustion chamber. This usually means a bad head gasket. If you have changed the head gasket(s?) then a warped head may be preventing a decent seal. Have you been racing the car? Have you run it at high RPM for extended periods? This could get expensive for you.

[...]

Kevin Murray

robmurr I thought KN air filters were good

Reply to
m Ransley

Well from what I read they do pass a little more air but mostly at full throttle only. Since they cant filter out smaller particles of dirt very well and with the supposed sludge problem who wants to take a chance adding dirt to the oil.. Most people I know who have used them did not see any real improvement.If they change the intake and add a K&N type filter cannister filter the air noise goes way up too. Purolator now makes a filter that to me looks like it could pass more air than the old style but thats just looking at it..and my opinion.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Sounds like your car is burning oil. White smoke is burned oil while black smoke is rich in gas.

[...]

IceMan

I agree, these 'sports' air-filters are a waste of time and money and they can let fine dust through. Also, the existing air-intake is from the front where the air is more dense and cool. Both these parameters improve power and economy.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James