96 Camry - Can't close my drivers side door. Door Lock gear turned manually 1 notch

Can't close my drivers side door (front). While doing replacements of inside and out, made the mistake of turning the door lock (gear?) on door side panel- one notch from right to left with screw driver. Now I can't release this gear to go back to original position (counter clockwise 1 notch) . I know that you are suppose to be able to put a screwdriver into the release hole while lifting the outside door handle but it doesn't release. Any other thing I can do or do I need to get a new DOOR LOCK ASSEMBLY ?

96 Toyota Camry 4 door (2.2L-4 cyl) light tan/gold look.
Reply to
kkuffusa