'97 4 Cyl Fuel Line Pressure

Can anyone help me in my quest to measure fuel pressure on my 1997 4 Cylinder Camry. There is a cover plate held by two (10mm) bolts on the passemger side(right) of the fuel rail. Can this plate be simply removed an some sort of fitting installed? Will I need a special gasket to replace this port cover? Is there an after market fuel pressure adaptor for either this covered port or the fuel filter banjo fitting?

The after market Haynes manual indicates that there is an in-tank fuel pressure regulator and the regulated pressure should be about 40 psi; does this reading vary with manifold vacuum? My '86 Camry had an external pressure regulator that was modulated by manifold vacuum and had a return line back to the fuel tank. I cannot find any return line in my '97. I guess its all in the fuel tank. How is air blead from the fuel line without an external return line?

Thanks in advance,

Marvin

Reply to
marvin shostack

Keep looking through the Haynes Manual. There is a section describing how to fashion a makeshift fuel pressure test fitting by drilling a hole through the side of a bolt and then filing down the end.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus