98 camry 4 cyl ;brake pads-Front disc

went to toyota dealer and asked for the "black" or softer pads to cut down on the noise and i was told that they don't make them anymore. they only make one kind which , apparently, doesn't cut down on the grinding sound since the parts guy said sell a liquid which is used to penetrate the pads and cut down noise. I don't know how well this works but for $12 for a one time app it had better be effective. if anyone has experience here let me know. thanks in advance.

Reply to
spamlapper

hmmm. Far as I know they only have one pad. It has been updated over the years and has gotten softer. A liquid to penetrate the pads????Who is this dealer? Maybe he means the sticky stuff that goes on the back of the pad to rattle and squeal less? Want to hear some real noise? Have that stuff applied and drive down some dusty unpaved roads for a while!

Reply to
ROBMURR