2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads

2004 camry le 4 banger - how do I find the right front brake pads and rotors at the best price?
It's making noises when I brake like scraping metal but very high pitched.
What's the right brand and model number for the pads & rotors?
On 7/11/19 11:46 am, Ohderii_Cruiser wrote:

Sounds like it is down to the wear indicators.

Run along to the parts supply house with all the relevant vehicle ID information from the ID plate and they should be able to supply you with the correct parts for that car. The information you have supplied here is insufficient for anyone to provide you with the answers you seek.
--

Xeno

I did that already and they don't know the friction codes.
On 7/11/19 8:25 pm, Ohderii_Cruiser wrote:

Tried the local Toyota dealer?
--

Xeno

It's the first place I tried but they're the dumbest of all. They don't even know what it means to have a friction code.
I always reasoned the dealer is the dumbest of the parts stores. Because nobody ever asks them for a "parts choice". They only have one part. The OEM part. The friction code isn't something they even THINK about. So they're clueless.
I tried to explain it to them but they asked "why do you care"?
If they can't figure out why a cold & hot friction code matters for friction materials that have only one job, cold and hot friction, then I can't help them learn as they're too stupid to learn if they don't know the most basic of the simplest thing.
There's NOTHING more important for friction material. And yet they don't even know what I'm asking of them.
I asked if they could just show me as I can read the friction code right off the correct part, but they didn't want to order it just so that I could look t it.
Parts stores will show me the parts, where I can read the friction code right off the part, but I wouldn't know if it's the OEM friction code.
As for rotors, I'm pretty sure they all work exactly the same.

Why do you care? Are you racing a 2004 Camry? Are you running this through twisty mountains at high speeds where you worry brake fade might be an issue?
If you're worried about the fading of an FE pad then spend the extra money and buy the FF pad. The friction code has more to do with the kind of driving you are doing than anything else. Likely the dealer parts are the cheapest possible EE pads which will be fine if you're just driving to the supermarket. --scott

I did a bad job of stating the question so I apologize to those who are sincerely trying to advise me on this 2.4 liter camry le.
You are correct I didn't explain WHY I want to source OE friction ratings. The reason it matters is that nothing else matters if it's wrong.
The question really is where is the friction code lookup table by vehicle?
For your valid question of why do I care about friction for brake pads. If the OEM pads are EF, then I can then source any EF pads that fit. If the OEM pads are GG, then I can then source any GG pads that fit. If the OEM pads are FF, then I can then source any FF pads that fit. If the OEM pads are FG, then I can then source any FG pads that fit. (This goes on for a while so I'll stop there.)
I wouldn't think of sourcing anything other than the OE friction codes.
I saw a RockAuto lookup from another helpful person for CENTRIC 10208280. I'll call RockAuto to ask them to look at the friction codes.
On 11/6/2019 6:46 PM, Ohderii_Cruiser wrote:

Pads https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,2004,camry,2.4l+l4,1434115,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684
Rotors https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,2004,camry,2.4l+l4,1434115,brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor,1896

Thank you all for your advice and for that all important rockauto pointer. Without a pointer to a supplier, I was lost.
I found that shipping was a killer with RockAuto so I then tried Carid which gave me free shipping on the rotors (but shipping was a killer on easy stuff like oil pan drain bolts so I didn't buy them as the shipping was more than seven times the cost of the bolt).
I also tried something called "partsgeek" which also had good prices. I ended up getting the Centric pads and rotors but I still don't know the friction rating.
Here are the three sites I think are best. If you have BETTER SITES please help me for the next purchase online! 1. https://www.partsgeek.com 2. https://www.rockauto.com 3. https://www.carid.com (they match rockauto for final price)
I decided to get both the front and rears, pads and slabs and the extra hardware (four springs and two wear indicators for the fronts).
It's amazing that the most important thing about brake pads is so hard to find but the prices were less than half (maybe even a quarter) of what they were at the local parts stores (and about 1/10th the dealer).
It's just amazing that the most important thing about a brake pad is so hard to find. It's not like a brake pad has a more important job than friction.
turns out the friction code is GG for the Centric pads. Centric 301.09080 stamped CEN 30109080 31AC9101 GG 02 B19 http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image _02.jpg
Four steel rubberized backing plates came with the 4 front pads. http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image _03.jpg
The hardware kit P117.44068 came with 4 holding clips & 2 wear sensors. http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image _01548.jpg
Does anyone know why the deep slit in the friction material is there?
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 13:43:03 -0700, Ohderii_Cruiser wrote:

I don't know why the deep slit. Maybe it's a manufacturing requirement? Or for a wear indicator? Or maybe for noise? Or for water?
The edge codes are explained here. http://www.safebraking.com/brake-pad-edge-codes-tool-for-fighting-counterfeits/
I didn't find your edge code in this 2011 AMECA List of Edge Codes document http://www.safebraking.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AMECA-List-of-VESC-V-3-Brake-Friction-Material-Edge-Codes-May-20112.pdf
It wasn't in the 2014 AMECA list of edge codes either. https://docplayer.net/15631715-Ameca-compliance-list-of-vesc-v-3-brake-friction-material.html
Maybe they're counterfeit?
On 13/11/19 7:43 am, Ohderii_Cruiser wrote:

It's to remove gas buildup from between the pads and the discs. It's the exact same reason discs are often slotted or drilled. If the gasses from the pad surfaces, that build up under extreme braking, isn't provided with an escape path, the pads act like mini hovercrafts skating over (*above*) the disc surface resulting in a total *loss* of friction. Guess what that does to your braking ability!
--

Xeno