2002 Ford explorer sport wipers problem

Page 1 of 16
My wipers only work on high !was told by dealer it was the gem module you can not get it from FORD .Does it control intermitant wipers a low and medium?
2002 Ford explorer sport
I have a 65 F250 with the 352 and it takes 5 quarts.
Richard W.

doesn't
Ah, thanks for all your help guys. I'll try out 5 quarts and see how it goes.

setup
Yes...that circuit is fused. I blew the fuse on my OBD II power circuit when using a power converter in the auxillary power port. Apparently my power port and the OBD II power circuit were wired in series. I found the fuse by looking in the owner's manual.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Wally Blackburn) wrote in message

Sorry to reply to my own post...
It was a fuse. I just checked them all until I found a failed one. After replacing it, went back and they got a 402 - EGR Flow Excessive. Surely this fuse couldn't be for the whole PCM - it wouldn't run at all would it?
Anyway, the EGR valve checks OK. I took it off, cleaned it and tested it with a vacuum pump. When closed, it seems to seal well.
I hooked a vacuum gauge to the EGR side of the vacuum solenoid. No vacuum at idle, vacuum at mid throttle, none at higher throttle (this is with the van in Park and warm).
All of this seems to be correct. Am I missing something?
TIA, Wallace

On 23 Jun 2003 18:55:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Wally Blackburn) wrote:
|Sorry to reply to my own post... | |It was a fuse. I just checked them all until I found a failed one. |After replacing it, went back and they got a 402 - EGR Flow Excessive. | Surely this fuse couldn't be for the whole PCM - it wouldn't run at |all would it? | |Anyway, the EGR valve checks OK. I took it off, cleaned it and tested |it with a vacuum pump. When closed, it seems to seal well. | |I hooked a vacuum gauge to the EGR side of the vacuum solenoid. No |vacuum at idle, vacuum at mid throttle, none at higher throttle (this |is with the van in Park and warm). | |All of this seems to be correct. Am I missing something?
Give it a few days and see if the code goes away.
100% positive it is the DPFE sensor. Very easy to install yourself.
--
Rob

"Wally Blackburn" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
try jcwtruck.com

make
The 10th Annual Blessing of the Cars car show is back!!!
When: July 26,2003 Where: The show will be held in Hansen Dam Park in Los Angeles (Sylmar). Time: general admission 9 am to 5 pm Car placement is earlier and continues through the rest of the show Registration: Pre registration for 1968 and earlier cars, bikes, and anything else on wheels is 15.00. You can pre register via the website or email. Registration the day of the show is 20.00. Price are less, less, less for motorcycles. General Admission: children 12 and under are free Everyone else 5.00
There will be hundreds of classic, cutoms, streetrod, hotrods, trucks, motorcycles as well as bands playing rockabilly, surf, rock, swing and punk all day. Beautiful trophy girls in the fashions of the 50's speedway set will award trophies to winners in their classes at the end of the show.
During the show old car movies will play in the movie tent and the car art gallery is open to the public as well. If you want to take home a few goodies the vender area is packed with all sorts of interesting vintage and hotrod stuff! A raffle for an engine and other great prizes will be awarded throughout the day. If you get hungry at the show there is plenty of great food in the vender area. And for those of you interested a real live priest will bless yer ride!
You can register online or buy advanced tickets by going to the website at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net and click on contact or email. There are maps available on the website also. If you want more info please email snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net.
no two people get the same milage. one can get 30, and his wife can get 10 with the same truck the next day. if you have a heavy foot, expect about 10-15 around town, and 17-19 on the highway.
Just got done with the Trans oil change.the oil was defiantly dirty and smelled a little burnt. I didn't see any metal shavings on the magnet attached to the oil pan, isn't this considered a good sign or am I just reading to much into it(my first time:)? Also I noticed that all the little gears and everything else on the under side looked rather clean and rather new.
The oil defiantly had been changed before because the old gasket was completely in tact no wear what so ever. I also know the previous owner who was very meticulous about maintenance

The
previous
get
with
final
anything.
new
Final analysis:
The split shaft was a poor design by Ford (as per Ford.) Ordering a new shaft - "discontinued item." Solution: replace with fabricated one piece shaft.
Doesn't the word "recall" ever come into play?
Jim

mph.
new
you know, everyone else said no, but your comment got me to thinking.....
I learned to drive on a 70-something F150 without the 4x2 on it (wasn't popular back then to boast). that was back in the 80's I now have a decrepit old 86 F150 4x2 and it definetly FEELS different. the cab seems bigger, the handling stiffer, the clearance taller. i cannot just go out and measure the differences, cause I don't have the orginal available, but it does seem different.
My guess is that frame, body, and other such things were/are for interchangability from 4x2 to 4x4. the old F150 I don't think you could have gotten in 4WD stock (aftermarket, sure) at that time. 250's and 350's i think you could have then.
just my guess, but so long ago that I could easily be wrong
--
Tater
President of MARS Club

Ken
: Some ol' junk chevy four by dually's were designated 3X3's. Just depends on : what the drug addicted engineers were on that day. : It's not 3x3, but rather 3+3 (I went outside and looked) - if you're referring to the badge on the cab waterline - and does refer to the seating capacity of the 4-door.
Dave
OK, now that class is over - the pop quiz!
If I am on a 2X1 then, what is my transportation? ;)
--
Scott M.

"sherrill d colfrod jr" < snipped-for-privacy@ptc-me.net> wrote in message
Tiring, especially up hills.