'99 camry timing belt change gone bad..FIXED!!!!

took back to dealer..turns out they used a belt with square cogs instead of rounded ones.....no charge thankgoodness....was a very distinctive metalic sound tho..quiet as a church mouse now....hopefully another 165,000 miles.

Reply to
rbailey

This scenario sounds a little fishy to me. A Toyota DEALER (or his shop) doesn't put the correct timing belt (a very common part) in one of the most common cars on the road, and their largest selling (and repairing) car? I have to wonder if their body shop hires colorblind painters?

Reply to
mack

OP went 165K miles on the last timing belt?

Reply to
<Frank>

So he says in a previous post.

Reply to