AC Line Pressure Limits

I have a gauge to go with my new form of refrigerant (not R-12). It shows hi-side pressure can be anywhere from 25-45psi - which seems like a big range. Not sure how old the compressor/lines are, as the car (230M) had engine replaced 20 thousand ago - and not sure compressor/lines was included. Thanks for insight.

Is the difference that important? Would pushing it to 45 risk a leak?

Tim

Reply to
abbottim

I think you meant "low-side pressure". Don't put your gauge on the high-side port. On my '99 model, the low side port is near the windshield on the passenger side.

More is not necessarily better in this case. I'd aim for the midpoint of the range Toyota recommends in the appropriate A/C manual on camrymanuals.com .

Reply to
Nobody Important

Reply to
johngdole