Automatic door mirror replacement procedure

How do I replace the mirror in the driver side door? The mirror motor is broken. ...

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
I Ride Roads

haven't used these people but they look well worth investigating

Reply to
Daniel

You don't say what model year you have, but if it's like my '99, theres a plastic cover on the inside of the door that you pry off by any means necessary, and there's a nut holding the mirror mounting bolt on. There's also an electrical plug/socket that's straightforward to undo.

Make sure you tighten the new nut quite tightly or it'll vibrate at high speed.

Reply to
Nobody Important

It's a '96 Toyota Camry. My daughter (17 yr old) took it to Homecoming friday night, and lo and behold it came back with the mirror broken. .... which is WHY she doesn't drive the BMW!

Reply to
I Ride Roads

Sorry, misunderstood. If you need to replace the unit, pry off the interior trim (triangular) and unbolt. Be sure to specify Japanese or domestic manufacture when ordering - they're different. (electrical connections)

Reply to
Daniel