buying a 93 camry, gas mileage anyone?

my dads lookin to buy a camry off a friend, but he wants to make sure the 93 camry doesnt kill on gas... so does anyone know how many Km?s/tank? and how many Litre is the tank? aka, how much/tank?

thanks a lot

Reply to
Krissylk

You'll have to do the conversions, but if it's a four cylinder automatic, expect 25-34 US MPG, average, for mixed driving. Mostly highway driving will be closer to the higher number, mostly city driving will be closer to the lower number. The six cylinder is less, obviously, and I don't know enough about them to guess how much. A lot of us US drivers seem to average about 28 MPG. This car is remarkable in its economy, given it's size and the automatic transmission. The wagon version looks huge, but uses the same mechanicals and gets within about

1-2 MPG of the above figures. I'd be interested myself to see some figures for the standard transmission models.
Reply to
mjc1

== Capacity 70 litres, approximately 500 - 600 KM per tankful

Reply to
Daniel

I own a 92 2.2L camry. Great on gas. Between 600 and 750 km per tank. No major problems. Best used car I ever bought.

Reply to
farmerboy

  1. camry, 60 litres tank,, manual transmission city . .11 litres/100 km highway.. 9 litres/100 km (120km/h average) open road.. 7,8 litres/100km
Reply to
paper2cuts