camry 1995: motorized antenna mast replacement

?????
What supplement? I gave you link to the factory repair manual. This document is from Toyota - I have not written it myself...

Once again, I repeat the question you ignored 2 times before: What is the name or catalog# of the above mentioned "special tool"?

I do not consider myself an expert in car repairs. I came here to ask questions because I am not a mechanic.
Your response, while pretending to be knowledgable, was not easy to believe in.
I challenged it and research it on my own - found the repair manual and it contradicted your words. There is no tool you mentioned in the manual. And you are unable to defend your own words, my friend...
Why is it so hard for you to read your manual and provide catalog # for this special tool ?
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 02:16:09 -0700, videokid400 wrote:

Hmmm..I have an Auto Down switch for my driver's window in my Supra that I modified to Auto-Up (it involves removing a tab that keeps the Up position from locking..that's all) I don't understand full how it works, but in either up or down mode, the window goes to full stop and the switch clicks off. I imagine this is the same method they use for the antenna. It must work on either current or voltage (current would increase once the stop is reached, or voltage would drop...)

You are correct, the load sensing is done by a relay and a load sensing circuit NOT BY THE MOTOR, load sensing brush motor , again HOW??? anyway like i said I give up here. dave

You could have the limit switch detecting position of the window there... But it would not be safe in case your kid/dog put the head in the window and press the switch to roll the window up... So all modern cars have mechanism which detects resistance in the window movement and cut of the power from the electric motor in the event of window getting stuck before they cut your kid's head away... :-(
On Tue, 01 May 2007 14:27:06 -0500, Pszemol wrote:

Not a chance! No kids, no dogs, just me. And I tested it...can't remember what I used, but it cut out before it totally crushed whatever it was...
And, my roof comes off...most of the time, the roof is off when I'm driving that car.
Well, back in April/May of 07 I replaced my antenna mast without any "timing" done. Mast works great since the repair. No issues. I guess I was just lucky :-)
During the conversation with "videokid" aka "Dave" I was not able to get him to tell how he fits the antenna or how is he adjusting the "timing". Also, nowhere in the toyota factory repair manual there is any single word about anything to be adjusted there...
I guess he was just a full of BS to make a false impression that this is complicated repair requiring a lot of expertise and of -course - a lot of money :-)
So the replacement of the motorized mast requires loosing up the nut, powering the radio to get the old mast out, putting new mast in the hole with teeth the same way as in the old one and turning off the radio to pull the mast in the hole. Secure the nut and you are done!
Pszemol.
Pszemol wrote in message

When it would break ta the top it should not be the problem: I would unscrew the nut securing the mast to the car body and then turn on the radio. Extending plastic toothed cord would push the whole mast up and you could remove everything. This would leave empty motor assembly where you would slide new mast with new toothed cable attached.