COROLLA AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION QUESTION

I know this is a Camry board, but it's the closet I could find. Quick question: We recently purchased a new 2010 Corolla with automatic
transmission. Third gear is horizontally even with the normal "D" drive on the shift gear box, so it's pretty easy to make a mistake if you're in a hurry. My wife mistakenly drove it in third gear (instead of the normal "D" drive gear at 60 MPH for about 30 miles. I'm concerned that this might have caused damage to the engine and/or transmission. Would appreciate answers from those who know - thanks, Brian.
BrianInNY wrote:

I'll say, No damage done, I once drove against a really hard head wind for 300 miles. The Toyota 4 cylinder wouldn't and couldn't stay in 4th most of the way. It used a 1/3 more gas and wasn't good for the engine and drive train but that's what it had to do to keep up with traffic going 70 mph plus. No real harm done but it's better to not do it.
message

That's one reason I much prefer my Camry with SIX cylinders--it kicks ass.
at 60 mph the 2010 corolla s turning 2400 rpm at 60 mph in top gear. if she was in 3rd my guess is it was turning about 4000 rpm. should have not hurt it . think it red lined at 6000 rpm . if you want to know what it was turning for those 30 minutes put it in 3rd drive at 30 mph , see what the tach says, then double it . that is what it was turning for those 30 minutes . those corolla engines are pretty tough. have a 97 sence new with 105000 miles never a problem, just do oil changes tire rotations, brakes and so fourt . changed one tming belt .