EGR and 2001 Toyota Camry

My '01 Camry (110K miles) had the check engine light to come on. I've recently replaced the catalytic converter and O2 sensor on this car. The dealer said that I needed a new EGR modulator and VSV valves. I know my car is relatively high mileage, but why are so many exhaust-related items going badly so soon? I had a '91 Camry before this car, and I've never had any exhaust problems or so many "check engine" light problems. Can anyone help me with this one? I'm at a loss. I'm no longer the "happy Toyota customer" I once was.

Reply to
Konfused1
110K is not high mileage for a Toyota but you have put them on in a short amount of time. I once replaced my fuel filter and the engine light came on as a result because there was air in the line and it missed out momentarily when I first restarted it. The light stayed on for one day or so and then went away. You don't say if any other work was done but you may not want to get in too big of a hurry addressing the light in case its related to something that was done and will go away on its own. I hope you get that Toyota feeling back soon.

Reply to
Hal