ENGINE RATTLING AT STOP

Hi, I have a 95 Camry LE with 140000 miles. The engine rattles at stop even the gear at the neutral position. The rattling stops at high rpm. Should I replace engine mounts? Help.

Reply to
ERIC

Have someone look at the engine when you are changing gears from reverse to neutral to drive. If it shifts excessively compared to another 95 without the problem it is probably the mounts. If not then try a tune up or diagnosis.

The rattling stops at high rpm.

Reply to
Art Begun

Are you sure it is the engine? It might be a transmission noise. If you have a manual, does the noise change when you press in the clutch?

Ed

ERIC wrote:

stops at high rpm.

Reply to
C. E. White

rattling stops at high rpm.

They aren't the quietest of engines when they have done a lot of miles. If your oil-pressure light is not illuminating at hot-idle its probably valve-lash noise which can shimmed out, at a price. A proper diagnosis is needed for this.

The metal heat-shield can make a lot of noise at differnt revs. To test for this, apply pressure with a screw-driver to the shield. If the noise stops you know whats going on.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James