Failed Emissions - 1993 Camry V6

Hi All,

My 1993 V6 Camry SE flunked emissions. It was the HC at idle.

The HC at idle has been climbing over the last 3 years, from 54, to

101, to 135 now. That's just 5, over the state limit.

The 2500 RPM readings on HC have been climbing over the same period:

13, 18, 25.

The car has 110K miles on it. All the dash lights act normal. No Check Engine light.

I had the plugs, water mump and timing belt changed at the dealer about 3 months. Oil is fresh. Air filter is not new, but I have worse.

What should I be looking at? Oxygen sensor? What's the most likely culprit contributing to high HC at idle?

Regards,

Rich

Reply to
Rich

"ROBMURR"

Thanks. Have pulled both, and appear clean. Will play with the vacuum and observe the EGR. But so far both look OK.

Puzzling to me is the doubling and tripling of Idle HC in the last 3 years. Car seems to work well, as always.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Catalytic converter perhaps?