Help! 1999 Camry - Engine Light with Codes

Hi, have a 1999 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder. California car. Codes are P0171 (Too Lean) and P1133 (Fuel/Air Meter Control).

The engine light is intermittent, meaning it will go on for a day then stay off for a couple weeks. At first it seemed innocuous. But I want to get this fixed.

I read it might be an O2 sensor. Is this easy to replace? In my youth I used to repair/rebuild American muscle cars, so I know my way around cars. But if this is a major job that will take several hours, I'd rather let the pros do it.

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
MW

The AF sensor is very easy to replace. It's the thing that looks kinda like a sparkplug stuck into your exhaust manifold. It's facing you as you open the hood, dead center.

mb

MW wrote:

Reply to
MB