How do you identify year model?

Can anyone sum up the minor differnces in various Camry year models? I know the 92-96 were similar, but is there anyway to tell a 93 from a

95 when you pass one on the street? Same question for 97-01 models. And what's the deal with the gold trim? I promise I will seek psychiatric help soon!
Reply to
Mike Mason

tail lights

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

From the outside, rims and hub-caps are different on each model from '93-96. Also, they played around with the piece between the tail lights - some cars are solid colour plastic and other cars it looks like a solid taillight.

Reply to
Rewire
92-94's look the same, 95-96 had minor facia and rear changes. Supposively the new headlights give more light output.

The headlights for the 95-96 are wider, they don't get cut off like the

92-94. The rears of the 95-96 have different taillights which aren't two layered inside...plus the middle center panel isn't red or black, it is painted the same as the body.

The 92-93 V6's use the 3VZ-FE and the 94-96 V6's use the IMZ-FE.

Gold trim? I think it's an XLE option?

Reply to
hlee