I Give Up. Where's Oil Filter on '04 Camry 4cyl?

Okay, I give up. Where's the oil filter on an '04 Camry 4cyl?

If, god forbid, you say I have to remove the splash shield, how do I remove the plastic snaps, rivets or pins that appear to be holding the rear center area, so they're reusable?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hall

I crawled around under there, but I still can't find it.

When you say the "left" side I assume you mean the driver's side? Can you tell me a position relative to the oil pan or transmission pan? I assume it's forward of these? Between them? Nearer the driver's side? Does it point straight down or is it on the side of the engine?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hall

Found it. It's partially covered by the splash shield, but I was able to get it out. Problem is it dumps some oil, and that gets on the top side of the splash shield which either can't be cleaned or is hard to clean. I gave it a lick and a promise and left it at that. I know to put a rag up there next time.

By the way, it's on the passenger side, technically I think that's the "right" side. For anyone else who's mystified by this, it's near the rear edge of the splash shield, between the oil pan and the wheel.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hall

By convention and to eliminate confusion, right and left are always as seen from the back looking forward. As you see them from the drivers seat if you like. If you are American then the passenger side is usually indeed on the right. Over a good part of the rest of the world though, we drive on the left of the road with the driver in the right side of the car. You probably knew this but I have a few minutes to kill writing inane shit before bed and some horizontal exercise. At least, I feel lucky. LOL

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Point taken. But, we agree right and left are as seen by a person in the drivers seat. And, in the US case the right is the passenger side.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hall