Interesting comment.

I was chatting to the father of a neighbour. Who mentioned he traded his car in every 2 years regardless of mileage.

I said my 4cyl CAMRY was now near 9 years old with 66K Miles. I have owed since new and had the usual maintenance done plus engine oil and filter changed at 4000 miles on average. and transmission fluid changed at 10000 give or take.

His comment was well that's ok as long as you only drive locally so you can catch the local bus back home after breakdowns.

He sure has faith in modern cars lol.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

Maybe he never had a Japanese car.

Reply to
Mark A

Actually you almost never see a car stuck these days. Saw one for the first time in months yesterday and it happened to be Japanese.

Reply to
Art

Maybe he's only owned Fords? LOL

Reply to
Philip®

The man obviously has confligrational currency! Mike Keeper of fireproof dollars.

Reply to
Artfulcodger

That's all fine and good until your brand new, less than 5,000 miles "brandX" car just quits on you due to a manufacturing defect and you have to get towed to a repair shop in the middle of the night.

The truth is any car regardless of age, mileage, or brand can break at any time. You might see fewer breakdowns on newer cars, or cars from a particular manufacturer but its always a gamble every time you get in the drivers seat. That's just life. But as one poster alluded, he obviously has more money than he knows what to do with so let him keep buying new cars every two years. That guarantees a nice supply of reasonably priced used vehicles for those of us without money to burn...

-JCM900

Reply to
JCM900