Keyless entry no work

my automatic alarm/key entry went weird-and this red light flashed and I could not get my 2005 toyota going-called AAA and they got it going--
went to sams got a new battery and it car/keyless entry work great... no one knew what to do--the service guy at the dealership said sometimes it is the battery.. it was Michael