For the keyless entry and alarm

the Toyota dealership quoted me 775 dollars to have to keyless entry and alarm installed in the 2007 Yaris.

Yet I have a friend who got keyless entry at Car Toys for a total of 150 and it works like a charm.

So, I asked the car guy who made the products (if it was Toyota or not) and etc. He never emailed me back.

So anyone know any wellmade keyless entry systems or alarms? Should I risk taking the car outside of the dealership or buck up and pay the 8 bills?

Reply to
Go Mavz

I have an Audiovox system I installed in my Supra, $59.

An alamr is NOT going to stop anyone that rteally wants your car.

But the Keyless Entry is cool. You have power door locks?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I park it in the front of the house and the master is in the front of the house. It would give me enough time to pull out the mag and catch some people who feel the need to share my car.

Nope... but the Yaris is small enough to reach all the locks while buckled in.

Reply to
Go Mavz

You'd have to go to the trouble of installing Power Door Locks first. There has to be *something* for the circuit to actuate! (Um, like an actuator...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Your Yaris would have 'natural' air conditioning and a bad guy would assume ambient temperature.

That works for me...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

According to the dealership, power locks arent needed to have the keyless entry installed.

Reply to
Go Mavz

This is why Toyota wanted $775. They would install the PDL's first, and then the keyless entry.

You can get PDL kits on the web or from good parts stores, install the locks and then install the alarm.

It took a good 6-7 hours to install the $59 alarm in my Supra, but I actually did things correctly, instead of kludging it together.

I also made an instructional video while I was doing it. We got a new camera at work and they wanted me to check it out and try the software that came with it.

I used Microsoft Movie Maker and Lives (A Linux app) instead. The Sony software was horrible...but I digress. But it would have taken 1-1 1/2 hours less without the film...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Film at 11?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Really? What is going to activate the locks? LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter