Looking for a vac. modulator

After looking for clues as to why my 93 Camry gives not-so-good gas mileage, my mechanic recently found that the EGR Vaccum Modulator (not sure of the right part's name) was not fonctionning at all. Any opinions out there? Anyone knows where I could find a used one for a 93 Camry 4cyl. by any chance? A new one is 110.00 CAN$. Ouch! Thanks guys.

JP

Reply to
JP

Try ebay.

Or buy a new one for USD $43.99 from Toyota dealer:

mileage,

Reply to
IceMan

Already did.

After exchange rate and shipping, it would be almost as bas as buying in Canada. But thanks for the suggestion. I'll email the Toyota dealer to see what they would charge for shipping. Appreciate.

JP

Reply to
JP

OK - am I the only hopeless nerd who thought of Marvin The Martian after seeing the title of this post?

Natalie, a sad, sad girl

--
Outgoing mail is scanned by both Norton Anti-Virus and AVG
 Click to see the full signature

In news:Z4P%b.106089$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca, JP being of bellicose mind posted:

Why are you so sure the EGR Modulator (aka: transducer valve) is faulty? It operates on the principle that air pressure must be present in the tube connected to the exhaust passageway in order for the valve to NOT vent all vacuum attempting to reach the EGR valve.

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

DAmn Philip!............Did you READ his post???? He said his mechanic said so................not that he was 100% sure. Bejeeeeezus Pilip..................slow down a little bit. Sheeesh , I thought I was A million miles an hour til I saw some of Phils stuff.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

All I can say Philip is that my mechanic had a test tool in his hands when he checked the valve and when he pressed on it, the meter would go to 0 pressure. I don't know if I explain well but, if it's not clear, I'll ask him to explain his procedure and will relay it to you. JP

Reply to
JP

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, MUADIB® being of bellicose mind posted:

Reply to
Philip®

You can test it without a tool and off the car. For detailed description see picture on page 3 of document

1) Block port Q and blow air into either ports P or R (block either and use other),it should leak through filter (Normal) 2) with help of a 2nd person, blow into Chamber A and keep pressure on, at same time redo step 1. There should be no leakage, AIR should flow between P & Q ports.

Or test EGR Modulator on the car per above document.

Reply to
IceMan

IceMan: Just one caveat: LIMIT the air pressure applied to "Chamber A" to no more than 4 pounds. If you accidently use a lot more than that, you will burst the diaphram ... in which case you ruined a perfectly good valve. Buy a new one.

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM

In news:rL%%b.52889$aH3.1618674@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Philip®

You Obviously are still missing the point. I am certainly gald I don;t have to deal with you in my normal daily life. Somehow There's got to be a shred of "oops, maybe I made a mistake in judging " in you somewhere.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, MUADIB® being of bellicose mind posted:

A judgement about you has not been made so ... what's you're point?

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to