A Followup to Leaks post

I went today and purchased some new front brake pads for my Camry,...............as some of you will likely remember it is a 97

4Cyl . Pads are not free, but I will rest easier knowing they are Toyota Genuine parts............ Whilst I was at the dealership, I priced the Rack for my leaking Steering rack. The dealership I visited gave me two prices and both were genuine Toyota parts also. Toyota Rebuilt rack = $430.00 Toyota NEW rack = $800.00 I also asked if there were alternatives, and to my surprise, there are specific parts available to repair the rack that is already in the car.

I was short on time, as I was using part of my lunch hour ( company paid ) and needed to get moving, so I told him I'd come and chat about it another day when time allows..............I know, seems like a story with no ending, but it's how it happened.

Anyone done any repairs to a rack? maybe as I suspoct, the seals are bad, maybe some new boots on the ends?????............What else might be involved?????

I'll try and make some more time this next week or so, and maybe find out what it will take do rpair the rack myself. It can't be much differnet than repairing any kind of hydraulic cylinder or ram?.........could it?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®