Market for Recyclable Used Auto Parts

Is there a market for catalytic converter recycling ?

It is my understanding that the gold particles within a catalytic converter are recyclable. I have a cat that I want to sell if I can find a market place.

Also have an EGR valve that was replaced on my V6 LE, in error (it did not solve the problem). Would the local auto junk yard be the market place for the EGR valve ?

Reply to
Vince