need a trailer hitch (type 1) on my 04 Camry - where to buy?

My son needs to pull a (small - 4' high) trailer from Miami to St. Louis. He has a'98 Corolla, and I have an 04 Camry, so think I'll let him use my car so he doesn't burn up his corolla transmission. Where is the best place to have a hitch put on my Camry?

Any Thoughts?

Reply to
Steve Henderson

Depends.....Local U-hauls will weld one on. They might even be able to fit you up with some sort of rental thing that you return when done with. In the "olden" days it was quite common to drag the family sedan to the local rental yard and have them outfit the family car with a temporary trailer hook-up for a move across town or across the nation.

But, I haven't done that in 30 years or so.....But I imagine it is still possible and saves you the expense of buying a hitch.

Otherwise, yellow pages under trailer hitch..... Don't imagine the Camry has predrilled holes for a hitch....

Reply to
timbirr

Reply to
Wolfgang