Re: 2012 Ford Focus Gets 40 MPG Highway, Pressuring Hybrids

>> That is a political decision, we have massive energy resources in >> this country which could be exploited instead. > > How can they be exploited for transportation? > >>> Oil is a limited natural resource, so the more wisely we use energy, >>> including oil, the longer it will last. >> >> You can make the same lame argument about steel and aluminum. For a good >> laugh read the late 1960s book "The Limits to Growth" and see where eminent >> scientists and enivronmentalists thought we would be today. Many are the >> same hucksters pushing the anti-human "Green" agenda today, just older >> and no wiser. (One of the advantages of being an old fart is that I already >> went though this enviro-crap 40 years ago. I'm not buying it this time.) >> >> Oil is a massive natural resource, we are practially swimming in the >> stuff and will not run out any time soon. We're talking centuries here. > > 1) It's still limited. > > 2) It's rate of use if going up, not down. > > 3) The only place where we were practically swimming in it was in the > gulf after the oil spill. > >>> And then there is global warming. >> >> Does anyone still believe in that scam? I am not willing to make a single >> change in my lifestyle to accomodate the Warmist religion, not even changing >> the type of light bulbs that I use let alone the type of vehicle that >> I drive. > > You're sad. > > Jeff

Sad??? That's your perspective? He writes like he's perfectly happy and guilt free.

This link should make him even happier... as for you... does the link make you sad or happy?

-- Late 1970's (the decade of the "energy crisis")... a newsman asked an oil man, 'How much oil is in the world?' The oil man flummoxed the newsman by replying, 'It depends.' The flummoxed newsman said 'Depends on what?' The oil man replied 'It depends on what you want to pay for oil... if you don't want to pay much, there's not much around, if you're willing to pay a lot, there's lots of oil around.'

Reply to
M.A. Stewart