Re: Basic question: 96 Camry V6 Octane

Yeah, but then again, so are some steroids...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't drive entirely like a wimp? But I only go 70 on the highway.

Fifty everywhere else...

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's probably it. The light turns green, and I don't squeal 'em, but I

*GO*! Although one of the cars was a Tercel with a wimpy motor, even though I didn't flog it I still managed 6 MPG more on 93 than on 89. I won't touch 87. I don't care what anyone says, the old saying is, You get what you pay for.

The rest of my cars are twin-cam "G" series engines and are set up for higher perfomance than their "F" series counterparts, and I believe "G" means "GO!". Except for my Scion. It has: "There is also a version of the

2AZ-FE engine with 160 hp and 163 ft lbs of torque made in Japan for the Scion tC." (I believe it is a 2AZ-GE made in Japan) The Compression Ratio is almost 10:1, fairly high, so I don't want to run crap in it...
Reply to
Hachiroku

We do but we still have to get it at the price on the Singapore stock exchange. Having said that our oil production is down 20% on last year so some of it will have to start being imported. We have a lot of coal but it's really only for export and power generation. I don't that that they would want to give up the coal exporting to help offset oil.

Yep we still produce the falcon and it's still a big 4 door sedan or 2 door ute. you can get it with a 4L twin cam 6, 4L turbo twin cam 6 or

5.4L Quad Cam V8. Personally I think the 330hp turbo 6 is the best.

Falcon Sedan

Ute

Nick Bourne

Looks like the US Fusion, but no wagon version here. I like wagons. They're handy.

WTF are THOSE?! Fusion TRUCKS?!?! Damn! NOTHING at all like that here. The 'Ranchero' has been 'out of print' for a couple decades. I like the 'Styleside'; cool looking vehicle.

And a LOT of V8s! I don't kow if you can get the Fusion with an 8, all I ever saw were sixes.

Reply to
Hachiroku

The utes are cool cars, basically we have have them instead of F150's. I don't know the full extent of the car scene in the US but we still have a lot of big 6s and 8s in rear wheel drive. The GTO that came out in the US a couple of years back was an Australian only model initially until GM decided to send it to the world.

I do have one question for you. If you like wagons and think the utes are cool what do you think of this car?

It was only a one off but you can option the rear body on the standard ute.

Reply to
Nick Bourne

The GTO seems to be a well-kept secret in the U.S. IMO, it looks similar to the Pontiac G6 so perhaps people think it is just another sub-compact car, and with limited marketing, only car enthusiasts are aware of its attributes.

Reply to
Ray O

It wouldn't work with my browser, but I found another pic, in black....looks like a hearse! Someone photoshopped it in another color.

I'm a bass player and have two amps and a PA. THAT would definitely be a decent way to haul my stuff around!

And I had heard about the Holden GTO before GM even announced it here!

Reply to
Hachiroku

VW is making engines with more than 12:1 compression ratio. I wonder if these run on 87. Then again, the Bosch stratified charge injection system builds a dense charge of fuel right next to the spark plug (and increasingly more air the farther away from the plug) And you get up to 64:1 air fuel ratio during light load driving in Ultra Lean Burn mode.

So the 96 1MZFE, like the 97-01 generation without anything like the Bosch high pressure (1600 Bar) stratified charge piezoelectric system, should run fine on 87 cheap gas with ~14.7:1 air fuel ratio. ;)

Reply to
johngdole

>> Looks like the US Fusion, but no wagon version here. I like wagons.>>> They're handy.

>> WTF are THOSE?! Fusion TRUCKS?!?! Damn! NOTHING at all like that here.>>> The 'Ranchero' has been 'out of print' for a couple decades. I like the>>> 'Styleside'; cool looking vehicle.>>>

didn't mean to offend about the Monaro/GTO.

Reply to
Nick Bourne

Guaranteed his 98 in Australia is NOT 98 in North America. Guaranteed.

Reply to
sharx35

I already covered that earlier up in the thread, pay attention! ;-)

Australia (and probably most of Europe, but I haven't even tried to research it) is using RON or Research Octane for their gasoline.

The USA uses an average of the Research Octane and Motor Octane rating systems (RON+MON)/2 to get our posted "Pump Octane".

This is why you have to be careful when answering a Usenet question

- they could be anywhere, and the laws, customs, mores, and idioms vary wildly.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

LOL! No offesne taken! Those of us who know cars (that is, read the car magazines!) knew it was a Holden before it got here! ;)

To the Great Unwashed, it's just another Pontiac. ;) Wonder what the VIN begins with?

Reply to
Hachiroku